Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Plant your mustard seed

And the apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith."

So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea, " and it would obey you.
Luke 17:5-6

I'm sure that everyone is noticing that the year is winding to a close. If you are like me then 2009 has been a challenge holding some of the greatest peaks in my life and some of the greatest valleys.

So looking into this new year I'm looking to allow God to guide me to new levels and deepen my relationship with him. I have found that one of the most effective spiritual tools in increasing your capacity to do great things is faith. Faith allows you, through access to Jesus Christ, to do some things that seem impossible.

If your like me you sometimes ask questions like how do I increase my faith, what exactly is faith, and how can I see it manifested in my life. We serve a God that has an answer for our every question. I pray that he gives me the words to type to help shed light and increase your knowledge and understanding on Faith.

What is Faith?
Faith itis the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of the things unseen. It is simply believing that God will do what he said he is going to do according to his word and NOT based on our carnal wishes.

How Do I increase my Faith?
You and I are not alone in asking the question of how to increase our faith. The apostles pose the same question to Jesus. Jesus uses the example of the mustard tree to explicate an increase of faith.

The first thing you can notice about the mustard seed is the fact that it is very small. As with most of us our dreams, aspirations, goals, and hopes begin small often a thought or desire. That's what it takes to start a simple divinely inspired epiphany that stirs the gift in you.

The Second thing is that it does not often have overnight. It takes time effort and proper conditions for the seed to reach its full potential of a great tree. The same can be said for us and the vision God gives us. We have to work and put in effort. This is a key way your faith is increased when you believe God for something, do what you can to work towards it, and let him take the rest with full confidence in his capabilities. I can assure you that he will take your best effort and match it with his grace such that it shows you that your labor is not in vain.

How can I see faith Manifested? and How does this relate to the 21st century Christian?
We start off with a small God given vision cultivation, and proper stewardship over the vision it can and will Grow into something great. Take what you have from this year and dedicate it to the glory of God in hopes that he guides it to its full potential for this next year. Whatever gift that is in you do not neglect it give it to him with complete confidence that he is going to enhance it and use it for his Glory and your good. No matter how small pray an honest prayer now that God do something in you great. Plant your mustard seed.
Thanks for spending you time with me
Until the next one
Peace, Love, and Prayer
Anré Dárel

No comments:

Post a Comment